KERNEL: force copying of DOS-style path into argv[0] of PE process (was: Re: Queries about some 'usability' points) - partially fixes #3542

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Mon Oct 31 11:49:28 CST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:08:36 -0500, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> This is a patch to fix the primary bug on DungeonKeeper. I am surprised
> this bug was overlooked up to 0.9, since this is such a basic
> characteristic of Windows.

I think the conclusion last time we looked at this was that this is
actually a characteristic of Explorer, not Windows, and so it's really
caused by the fact that most Wine users run the apps from the command line
not via the shortcuts. If you run Dungeon Keeper in the wrong way from the
command line in Windows it'll crash too IIRC.

thanks -mike