MMIO error

Matthew D'Asaro medasaro at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 12:05:41 CDT 2005

Hi,
     I have been trying to get a professional Audio restoration program,
DCart32, to work in wine. Everything goes well until you try to run one
of the "filters." These process wav files to remove clicks, hiss etc.
The filter runs OK, but when it comes time to write the wav file
modified in memory back to disk, it fails saying "The file contains a
format not supported by DCart." At this point wine gives the error
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "", which I have taken to
mean that their is a problem in wine's implementation of the MMIO api. I
have tried a native winmom.dll, but naturally that does not work at all;
wine crashes on load. I have heard through another mailing list that
this is an ancient regression, that this used to work. It is true that
the filters work in Cedega, but run their DCart has so many graphical,
and other problems, it is not usable. Any other suggestions or hints as
to where I could start diffing code would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro