Delphi edit control created in Unicode instead of ANSI mode

Frank Richter frank.richter at
Mon Sep 5 06:59:20 CDT 2005

On 05.09.2005 11:23, Michael Kaufmann wrote:
> I think you could use SendMessageW instead of  calling the window proc
> directly.

Yeah... since UnmapMsg32ATo32W is used for both in-process and
inter-process communications, just using SendMessageW() is more correct
and less hassle than messing with window procs directly.

> But apart from that, why is the patch not CVS-worthy?

Due how the WM_GETTEXT is "dispatched" (ie calling the proc) - but that
would be solved with SendMessageW().