Suggestions for improvement of the emulator

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Mon Sep 5 18:21:18 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:30:41 -0700, Hiji wrote:
>

>>>Firstly, Wine is not an emulator, it it a binary loader and an
>>>implementation of the Win32 API.
>>>

>>Bingo.  It irritates me when people call Wine an emulator.  ALEX, did you
>>know that Wine stands for "Wine Is Not an Emulator"??
>>

>It's playing with words. I happen to think it is an emulator and I usually
>call it that ;)
>
>thanks -mike

So a Chevy is a Ford emulator, because it can use the same gas, right?

No, of course not.  Now, if the gas had to be converted to a completely
different substance before it could power the car, then it would
probably be an emulator.

WINE doesn't change the gas, it's just an engine add-on that just lets
you burn unleaded or diesel.

And so ends "Lousy Analogy Theater".  We now return you to your normal
program, already in progress.

-J