[DOCS, POLICY] Documenting stuff that doesn't work right?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 23 09:22:16 CDT 2005

Holly Bostick <motub at planet.nl> writes:

> Well I *thought* I had-- I renamed my current .wine directory (I have
> several previous renamed .wine directories in my ~/ folder; the names
> all start with .wine, though, such as .wine.borked, .wine.borkedmaybe,
> .wine.old and the like. I try to preserve the directories to preserve
> the Registries for reference). I also just remembered that I have a /wine
> directory containing a drive_c directory from a CVS install of 20050628,
> (which I keep forgetting to delete, but I did do an 'extra' make
> uninstall in the source directory before I deleted the source directory,
> to be sure that it was really removed). Wineinstall did not seem to
> think I had any previous wine directories to refer to, it made a new
> directory in my home folder normally, so as far as I could see, it was
> all all right, but perhaps it was not and this is the source of the
> undefined 'wonkiness' I've been experiencing latel, as this is the
> second time I've been told that I should only have c: and z: in winecfg,
> and I've *never* had just c: and z: on first run (before doing
> autodetect or anything, which I prefer in fact not to use and don't feel
> I should have to use it).

If you are using wineinstall then that explains it, it used to do
that, I have fixed it in CVS. If you avoid wineinstall and just do a
configure; make depend; make you should see the expected behavior.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org

More information about the wine-devel mailing list