fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:43:21 CDT 2005

On 9/28/05, Esko Woudenberg <wanderbored at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x2002a), partial
> > stub!
> > >
> > Stubbed functions aren't usually the cause of
> > crashes.
> I take it that wine would just "ignore" the request to
> not update the window...??

I'm not really sure what functionality is missing from
LockWindowUpdate.  Maybe someone on wine-devel will know.

>   There are a
> > couple pieces of information that can help us spot
> > the problem.  What
> > version of wine are you using?
> 20050830 on SuSe 9.2 under vmWare 5.0.0

Could you update to CVS and see if the problem still exists?

>   Can you provide the
> > output of the
> > crash and the stack backtrace?
> Is running with   WINEDEBUG=+relay  enough to provide
> that?

We might need that information later, but the most important piece we
need is the crash and backtrace.  This information everything after
the following:

Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0x8.

> > You said it was an app you are working on; can you
> > provide the source?
> I have full access to source.  I would most likely
> only be able to provide relevant portions of the app
> source.

Having access to the source will help figure out what is going wrong.
We won't know what we need until we know where it's crashing.

> Just knowing that stubs are not supposed to result in
> a wine crash is already helpful...

No problem, a good bug report helps Wine the most.

P.S. Make sure to use 'Reply to All' or cc wine-devel so others can be
a part of the process.

--
James Hawkins