compile error

Tom Spear speeddymon at
Tue Apr 4 13:03:27 CDT 2006

On 4/4/06, MF <mforcada at> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> After make depend,  last lines give this message:
> quote
> ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-x86-64
> (/usr/lib/libsicuuc.a( to format elf32-i386 (gdi32.UrlAln.o)
> is not supported
> winebuild: ld -m elf_i386 -r failed with status 256
> winegcc: ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild failed.
> unquote

Aha!  Ok, so make dep and make are failing before they are able to build any
of the tools like winecfg and wineprefixcreate...  That is due to your
64-bit libraries being installed in the default location, and your 32-bit
ones being installed elsewhere..

Do you happen to have a /usr/lib32 directory?  If so, try doing the build
like this:

make distclean
LDFLAGS=/usr/lib32 ./configure
make dep
sudo make install

and then do the wineprefixcreate and run winecfg..  Let us know if you have
any problems after that..

Of course if you do have a lib32 dir, but it is not /usr/lib32, substitute
the path to your lib32 dir where I put /usr/lib32 (it shouldn't be just
/lib32).. Of course someone on the list could tell you the exact path to the
directory if you would be so kind as to tell us what distro you are using.