gdi: Implement GetFontUnicodeRanges.

Hans Leidekker hans at
Mon Aug 14 03:07:44 CDT 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 00:48, Huw Davies wrote:

> I wonder whether FcFreeTypeCharSet is what you really want here.  It
> uses a lot of heuristics which almost certainly won't match what
> Windows does, so we're probably better off writing our own.  A test
> (on say Arial) would be useful here!

I wrote such a test and the returned ranges are not identical but
they do largely overlap. You could reason that since an app is asking
for supported glyphs in the first place, it likely also copes with
missing glyphs. So not exactly matching Windows may be acceptable,
if you look at this a relatively cheap interim solution.

Doing it ourselves will mean groveling inside font tables, right?