configure: add ncursesw detecting [try 2]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Dec 15 09:38:06 CST 2006

Vitaly Lipatov <lav at> writes:

> We can't get correct non latin output in utfed console with normal ncurses. As
> far as I know there is some problems in normal ncurses with utf8 (multbyte
> symbols)... Only ncursesw supports utf8 output correctly (and wide char)... I
> am wrong?

I don't know, maybe not, curses isn't exactly a great API...

In any case, you'll need to send the rest of the code, I'd like to see
how you are using it before adding configure checks.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at