New wined3d configuration window

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:35:08 CST 2006

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> What options do want to add? IMO, the best guideline is to avoid options and
> try to find it automatically. Most D3D options in the registry exist, because
> the D3D code is incorrect and needs tweaks for some games -> The best thing
> is to fix the code so it works without tweaks for all games :)

As long as nobody drops out of the blue sky and makes the best thing
happen with a touch of h(is/er) magic wand, presenting the available
options is a *very* nice thing to do.

If the options are there, I might be able to run my games.  I'll be
able to report on the mailing list what options I used to get it to
run, which should help debug the actual problem.

If the options aren't there, I'll never know that they existed and so
I'll probably be inclined to just give up and not try to run whatever
game it is I'm trying to run.