Some patch statistics

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 07:21:17 CST 2006

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> I was curious how we did last year so I dug up some numbers with the
> help of git. I counted patches applied to the tree starting from 1999:
>
>   year    # patches
>
>   1999    2656
>   2000    2722
>   2001    1885
>   2002    3094
>   2003    3283
>   2004    3851
>   2005    6037
>
> Total:   23528
>
> This is almost too good to be true isn't it? I worried for a while
> that these figures might be influenced by the switch from cvs to git,
> e.g. that cvs history somehow shows up compressed in git. On second
You can crosscheck the numbers with the numbers from the wine-cvs
mailing list archives http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/ which go
back to february 2001. Though those numbers contain also lostwages,
appdb, tools and now documentation commits.

> look though it really seems that the past year has seen an impressive
> increase in productivity, compared to the previous years.

bye
	michael
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart