Starter projects for new Wine contributors?
wine.dev at web.de
Tue Jan 10 13:50:05 CST 2006
Am Montag, den 09.01.2006, 21:02 -0500 schrieb Al Tobey:
> > I'm looking for suggestions for starter projects for
> > new contributors that would take something like a week to do,
> > and wouldn't require much knowledge of Wine ahead of time.
Another way is: Fixing Tests, that currently fail on Windows.
The MinGW Cross-Compiler is used to build the Binaries
I'm building native Windows-EXE using the Cross-Compiler-Packages from
Hans ( http://mirzam.it.vu.nl/mingw/ )
A recent Example was the failure of "ntdll.dll:exception" on Win95-WinME
- Run the Test on Windows to find the Problem
- Fix the Problem
- Build and run the Wine-Test: "make -C dlls/ntdll/tests/ test"
- Build the Windows Test: "make -C dlls/ntdll/tests/ crosstest"
- Run "ntdll_crosstest.exe" on all available Windows-Versions
(I'm using qemu for this)
- Create the "useful_name.diff"
- Mail the Patch to wine-patches
- Wait for Commit
By By ...
More information about the wine-devel