Starter projects for new Wine contributors?

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:19:39 CST 2006

On 1/9/06, Al Tobey <tobert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/9/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I'm looking for suggestions for starter projects for
> > new contributors that would take something like a week to do,
> > and wouldn't require much knowledge of Wine ahead of time.
>
> Tests!

I agree completely.  Testing the API is especially relevant for win32
developers, because they're coding an API they're familiar with.  Even
if a new developer has little programming experience, win32 or
otherwise, tests are a great place to start.  It helps the new
developers by familiarizing them with the particular API they are
testing, and it sheds light for not only wine developer's, but anyone
who references wine as a source of win32 API information.  Tests
verify our implementation of the API, and make sure no regressions
sneak into the code.

--
James Hawkins