Corel Draw and Printing

Roland Kaser roli8200 at
Tue Jan 24 00:07:02 CST 2006

Kuba Ober wrote:
> That's probably how Corel was designed, and that's OK.
> Now as far as sending "directly" to the printer, what do you mean? Why do
> you think it goes "directly" to the printer? Directly as in what -- wine
> dumping to /dev/lp0? Have you looked at cups logs?
> Cheers, Kuba

Thats because cups prints the raw postscript (the postscript code itself)
output to the page. On the top of the page its readable "%%Begin Document:
Wine passthrough" which lets me strongly guess that wine directly sends the
Corel Draw created postscript code to the printer (passthrough) instead of
let it spool locally.

Roland Kaese