DirectDraw Issues continue

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:15:05 CDT 2006

OK I'm quite upset now, when I compiled the cvs version of wine on my
own computer and Pharaoh started working again I thought great, fixed!
but oh no one of the comunity computers I administer is running ubuntu
same as me but their getting the package from the wine apt repository.

so I was happy to 0.9.17 was available because I thought it would
allow this game to work again, imagen my suprise when I find it still
doesn't work. and even better when I try to run it from the command
like it segfaults.

I'll provide logs and things if asked.

 * Pharaoh - used to work back in 0.9.15 and still does in cvs 2006-07-02
 * C&C Generals - Fails to run
 * Discworld Noir - Fails to install
 * Imperialism II - Graphical tiles issue (DDRAW)
 * Industry Giant II - Fails to run
 * Star trek SFC3 - Fails to run
 * Tropico - Fails to run
 * CSI - Fails to install
 * Fugawi - Fails to display maps
 * Settlers IV - Fails to run

This isn't a list of failures, this is a list of every program I have
tried in the last month with wine, not _one_ works. this is an
incredibly sad situation and I know the interfaces are difficult but
could you concentrate on getting more thing working than just making
sure World of WarCraft has a nice fps.

Grave Regards, Martin Owens