Feedback requested for Mac OSX x86 stack patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jun 5 14:21:01 CDT 2006

"Nick Burns" <adger44 at hotmail.com> writes:

> (notes are at the top of the patch)
>
> I would like some feedback on my stack fix patch
>
> I do not know how it interacts with linux -- no access to a linux box
> This has been confirmed to fix numerous app issues (due to stack alignment)
>
> I am starting to think it would be better to have these options
> configured at config time
> -- e.g.
>  If Mac OSX x86 -- then use mstackrealign + force_align_arg_pointer
>
> Any ideas/thoughts?

It looks OK, but it will clearly need some cleaning up. The msvcrt
part should be done with function attributes too. The d3d8/d3d9
redefinitions are probably no longer necessary and should be
removed. Also there are a number of functions that use __stdcall
instead of WINAPI, these would need to be changed.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org