Feedback requested for Mac OSX x86 stack patch

Nick Burns adger44 at
Thu Jun 8 00:53:45 CDT 2006

>From: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at>
>Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:14:47 +0200
>"Nick Burns" <adger44 at> writes:
> > I was concerned about msvcrt not using the __stdcall/WINAPI for its
> > functions (why is this?).
>Most msvcrt functions use the cdecl calling convention, not stdcall.

Ok makes sense... (I didnt notice the spec file before)

> > Where can I find a list of (or affect the attribs of) windows callable
> > functions.
> > I thought WINAPI and WINAPIV were sufficent -- If they are not more
> > functions will need to be 'fixed'.
>They should be 99% sufficient, but of course the remaining 1% will be
>fun to chase down. There's no complete list, though maybe winapi_check
>could be used to verify these things, at least for functions exported
>from the spec files.

I tried using winapi_check, winapi_test, winapi_...
They all seemed to give me some odd perl errors (missing defs/funcs in that WERE there and were also in
So... I stupidly went thru and made the relevant files work by copying and 
pasting the functions and changing def imports to (what a pain that 
was -- as i dont know perl)
I am guessing this should just WORK...

It seems like it would be a good idea to go thru the msvcrt functions and 
label the exports as
WINAPIV (or __cdecl) -- im not sure what the desired convention is.

>Alexandre Julliard
>julliard at

- Nick

More information about the wine-devel mailing list