Win64 status

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Jun 21 06:01:23 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 06:39, Filip Navara wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm about to jump in the middle of discussion. The problem is not only
> with the calling convention, but with the whole ABI rather. I've had
> GCC patched to use the MSVC x64 calling convention (without a switch
> though) for about a year now, but it doesn't solve the problem. There
> is much more ABI differences including the exception handling (and yes,
> I mean exception handling in C, not only C++) where MSVC generates special
> unwinding information for the functions. I'm not sure if it would be
> even possible to mix the ABI this way, but I'm open to hear some
> suggestions.

Does gcc have some C exception handling of its own? If not then we may be able
to add that. gcc is pretty well tweakable, although it takes a lot of time to
figure things out for the first time.

If you'd have any more pointers to specific information, that would help me
out immensely. The diffs that you have would help me out for sure.

Is the MSVC x64 ABI documented somewhere? I didn't have time to wade through
MSDN in search of that yet . . .

Kuba