Some Processor(s) specific environment variables

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 14 11:35:39 CST 2006

Hi,

there are some processor specific environment variables:

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 8, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0908

(from a VMware box).

These variables exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet
\Control\Session Manager\Environment.

Psinfo.exe (from SysInternals) uses these env-variables to produce some
information.

When I remove the entries and reboot the box they are auto-generated
again.

My question is where to put the generation of these variables? We most
likely want this with some defaults in wine.inf. Furthermore
GetSystemInfo() could be changed, but that seems cheating.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul.