wineshelllink: Use FreeDesktop standard to create Wine menu structure.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 25 11:34:51 CST 2006

On Saturday 25 November 2006 17:50, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Dan Kegel wrote:
> > Vitaly wrote:
> >> [xdg-utils] can not handle files with spaces in them.
> >
> > If that's true, it's a bug, and should be fixed.
>
> Yes it have to be fixed.

It's sad though, that even developers of free software projects seem to think
that unreported bugs magically fix themselves.

> >> Also they don't allow installing icons without specifying size.
> >
> > ? http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/xdg-desktop-icon.html
> > doesn't seem to talk about sizes at all.
>
> Read closer. You have to specify the size of the icon for it to install
> it properly. However that doesn't work at all in this case. We do not
> know what the icon's size is, we do not want to limit user to one
> particular theme they use. I guess just using full path to an icon and
> getting rid of this script should work even better.

I guess Dan mixed it up with xdg-icon-resource. xdg-desktop-icon is about
installing/uninstalling "links" on the user's desktop.

Not sure if the problem of unknown size can be fixed or is required, I'll have
to have a closer look at the icon spec for this.
However I am quite sure that theming isn't a problem, since those unthemed
icons would be installed into the default theme "hicolor" which is, as far as
I know, always a fallback lookup if an icon is not found in the currently
active theme.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring