AMD64 compilation successful; still not working

Alexander K. Seewald alex at
Mon Oct 2 16:07:40 CDT 2006

I've managed to compile the current CVS version under AMD64,
according to the WineOn64bit-Wiki for Debian. So far, so good.

However, all tests fail and starting wine gives an error code of 2.
--version gives no output. wine-kthread gives an error code of 139
(segmentation violation), wine-pthread seems to work. Debugging wine
shows that the error appears when execve'ing (should have been
somewhat obvious ;-)

When debugging wine-kthread, I get the following error on the first
line of code:
0x557721ba in __libc_pthread_init () from /emul/ia32-linux/lib/tls/

Interestingly, my link points to Hope that
is ok... it is defined in the ia32-libc6 debian package from stable.

Might this have something to do with my 4GB of memory? I am open for

Dr. Alexander K. Seewald

GE Money Bank, Analytics/CRM     +43(664)1106886
         Information wants to be free;
Information also wants to be expensive (S.Brant)