Extra info on d3dsurface crash

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Oct 19 14:52:02 CDT 2006

Am Donnerstag 19 Oktober 2006 02:46 schrieb Robert Lunnon:
> I'm  still trying to work this out, see below, but I have a silly question,
> how *should* IWineGDISurfaceImpl_Blt  behave if args 2 & 3 are NULL IE
> DestRect and SrcSurface are both NULL. Is this a no-op ?
No, look at the DDBLTFX structure and the dwFlags parameter.
IDirectDrawSurface7::Blt knows a few source-less blts, like colorfill.

One of the last remaining ddraw docs on the msdn:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/ddraw7/directdraw7/ddref_4b7b.asp

About the other things, I have to look at them. But it seems that there are
DXTN surfaces(compressed textures) involved, and 2D operation on compressed
textures are implemented in a very basic fashion only, and likely to produce
problems.