WineD3D State management - going live(TM)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Oct 20 04:43:11 CDT 2006

Am Freitag 20 Oktober 2006 11:15 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 20/10/06, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Right, we would waste 13*8 = 104 bytes per unsupported sampler. How much
> > samplers does d3d10 support?
>
> Something like 128.
128 is big, agreed.

> > If we use run-time dynamic values for the state table then we loose the
> > ability to access a state with its state number, and we loose the ability
> > to set up a constant table in the code.
>
> Well, no, you just wouldn't dump everything in one big list. Sure,
> lumping everything together in one big list would work, but that
> doesn't mean it's pretty.
Hmm, the sampler states are per sampler in d3d, and per texture object in gl
as far as I know. So we have to find some way if the sampler states are
changed regarding the texture used for drawing. This is getting tricky :-/

Texture stage states are per stage in d3d and opengl afaik(except of those
that are wrapped to samplers in ddraw/d3d8). Any idea how much texture stages
d3d10 supports, if the concept of them still exists?