wine 0.9.30-35 Something strange happened with the fonts ?

Huw Davies huw at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 18 04:13:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:44:13AM +0100, Nick Law wrote:

> yes, /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ exists my system and is only populated
> with two fonts, broadway.ttf and ad5font.fon. So all the fonts from the
> build which include courier (fon) and serife don't get transferred to
> either /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ or anywhere in .wine, that explains
> why serief, courier & system don't now show up on the font list when I
> run notepad.

It's ${prefix}/share/wine/fonts where ${prefix} defaults to /usr/local
and can be changed by running configure with the --prefix option.
They get installed there where you run make install.  I've no idea
where the broadway.ttf and ad5font.fon fonts come from, but they're
certainly not from a Wine install.

> Should I expect to find all the fonts that are in my build directory
> /home/guest/downloads/wine/wine-0.9.35/fonts/ ie 108 files in
> /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ ? if so they don't appear to get copied in
> the install (at least by version 0.9.35)

Well the 39 .fon fonts and marlett.ttf should be installed there.  You
should try to work out why that's not happening.

Huw.
--
Huw Davies
huw at codeweavers.com