wine 0.9.30-35 Something strange happened with the fonts ?

Huw Davies huw at
Wed Apr 18 04:13:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:44:13AM +0100, Nick Law wrote:
> yes, /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ exists my system and is only populated
> with two fonts, broadway.ttf and ad5font.fon. So all the fonts from the
> build which include courier (fon) and serife don't get transferred to
> either /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ or anywhere in .wine, that explains
> why serief, courier & system don't now show up on the font list when I
> run notepad.

It's ${prefix}/share/wine/fonts where ${prefix} defaults to /usr/local
and can be changed by running configure with the --prefix option.
They get installed there where you run make install.  I've no idea
where the broadway.ttf and ad5font.fon fonts come from, but they're
certainly not from a Wine install.

> Should I expect to find all the fonts that are in my build directory
> /home/guest/downloads/wine/wine-0.9.35/fonts/ ie 108 files in
> /usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ ? if so they don't appear to get copied in
> the install (at least by version 0.9.35)

Well the 39 .fon fonts and marlett.ttf should be installed there.  You
should try to work out why that's not happening.

Huw Davies
huw at