wine 0.9.30-35 Something strange happened with the fonts ?

Nick Law nlaw at
Wed Apr 18 16:26:49 CDT 2007

Huw Davies wrote:
> Nick Law wrote:
>> So, notepad now shows the courier, small font, sans serief and system
>> fonts (all .fon files) in the list of fonts in notepad. All well and
>> good, however I still have the problem that if you select any of
>> these non true type fonts, ie courier, small font, sans serief and
>> system fonts you just get blank characters.
>> Now I need to figure out if the problem lies with fontforge or
>> elsewhere ? ( I have a feeling it's elsewhere).
> Sounds like a fontforge problem.  What does fontforge --version say?
> Huw.
fontforge --version
Copyright (c) 2000-2006 by George Williams.
 Executable based on sources from 08:15 22-Aug-2006.
fontforge 20060822

that's on the system that works ok. I'll have to check the system with
the problem later.

I've just checked another supposedly identical Suse 9.3 system and
/usr/local/share/wine/font and /home/alt/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts are
not symbolically linked, they are separate directories. I think I need
to deinstall wine & install from scratch to figure out what's going on.