shdocvw #3: Set default home and search page.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Dec 4 05:26:28 CST 2007

Aric Stewart wrote:
> True, making it something for wine.inf or for winecfg, but not
> shdocvw.dll in my opinion.

Native shdocvw.dll doesn't support self registration at all and its
registration is done by IE installer IMO. If we want to be compatible
with native, we'd have to move everything from shdocvw.inf to wine.inf
(and that's not the way to go IMO). I've added these registries because
an app I've been working on expected default search page to be present.
Also we should use it in our InternetExplorer and WebBrowser
implementation. We may consider to handle these keys like we do with IE
version key. That is, they may be added on iexplore.exe registration. If
one wants to install native IE, he has to unregister iexplore.exe first,
removing the homepage. Then IE installer will probably set its default
homepage.

Jacek