d3d fill caps oddity

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Dec 7 05:49:54 CST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2007 22:57:53 schrieb Christoph Frick:
> Hi wined3d devs,
> i get this message on my notebook (Quadro 570m):
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 32 vertex
> samplers and 32 total samplers fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected
> vertex samplers + MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers
Ah, this is a false positive, and actually harmless. One could patch the code
to not warn about this situation. See the comments in the code about why this

d3d9 doesn't support more than 4 vertex samplers, so even if the card supports
more(a gf8 class card supports 32, due to the uniformed shader architecture),
we're still fine with 8 fixed function textures and 4 vertex samplers. So you
can suppress the warning by capping the supported fragment samplers at 4 in
this check(e.g. max(4, gl_info->fragment samplers)).