IE Dev Toolbar now compatible!

Darryl Dixon esrever_otua at pythonhacker.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 8 02:52:22 CST 2007

Hi All,

Just a brief to let you know that it looks like Microsoft is finally
taking compatability seriously ;)  - the new Beta 3 version of the IE
Developers Toolbar
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en) improves on the previous Beta release by installing and working correctly with wine 0.9.30 with an IE6 'ies4linux' install.

In the previous Beta, the 'View DOM' button did not work in wine 0.9.30
- this new version fixes that and adds lots of enhancements. I don't
know if this is useful to many here, but it sure is for me, so I thought
I'd share. Nice to see Microsoft improving their software to work better
with Wine for once (even though I'm sure it's unintentional ;).

Keep up the good work, guys.

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd