comctl32: rebar: rewrite the layouting code

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Fri Feb 9 08:17:31 CST 2007

Robert Shearman napisał(a):
> Mikołaj Zalewski wrote:
>> I've been trying to fix the rebar layouting code. But fixes in one
>> place caused regressions because of bugs in other places and I ended
>> up rewriting the whole layouting code. It does roughly the same as
>> the current code however the details are quite different and I hope
>> more correct. It's also much shorter so it should be earier to
>> understand/debug. My code work for me for all apps I tested (except
>> for the sidebars of IE but I'm trying to find out why). It also
>> passes some tests I've written and produces identical results that
>> the native. Two things could be potentially better in the old code:
>>  - it contains some support for RBBS_FIXEDSIZE (however different
>> from what Windows does)
>>  - it can break rows to fill the given space (but that should be only
>> done for RBS_AUTOSIZE rebars)
>>
>>  I have yet to test the REBAR_Maximize and REBAR_Minimize but I have
>> two questions. Does this code cause regressions in apps that works
>> with the current code and would such big patch be accepted?
>
> I haven't got any apps to test with (other than IE and it looks like
> you've already tried that), but nice work!

I've tested it also with WinRAR, WinSCP3 3.30, 7-Zip and Pirch98 (the
last two have Bugzilla entries and are fixed by the new code). The only
thing I've found not to work are the sidebars of IE. For the next week I
won't work on wine but what should I do later - would such a big patch
be accepted?

Mikolaj Zalewski