GPU performance counters, agp usage

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Feb 14 03:16:42 CST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
[...]
> Regarding the 75% idle, I think that is comparably ok. Native ut2004 shows the
> same behavior. So either the games are broken, or I have a way to overpowered
> gpu(geforce 7600) for my cpu(athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+).

You really need to compare that to what you get on Windows (but maybe
this is what you mean by 'native ut2004' having the same problem?).
Otherwise it could also mean that our some part of Wine is
taking way too much CPU compared to Windows. Maybe Direct3D or too much
ping pong between Wine and the Wine server, or something else.

           If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it moves, it's biology.
                  If it does not work, It's computer science.