mingw linking problem

Paul Millar paul at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 12:43:55 CST 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Sunday 25 February 2007 18:13, Stefan Leichter wrote:
> This fail for some dlls at the linking,  eg. comdlg32.dll misses the imports
> _IID_IContextMenu, _IID_IShellFolder, _IID_IPersistFolder2,
> _IID_IShellBrowser, _IID_ICommDlgBrowser, _IID_IShellView,

These are part of the MinGW's W32api v3.8.  I don't know how long they've been
in W32api, so you may need to upgrade to this version.

> _SID_STopLevelBrowser

The set of patches I have includes a definition for this GUID (as well as
many, many others).  The complete set of patches (against w32api v3.8) is
available from:

Using a MinGW tool-chain (that has these patches) I was able to build

N.B.  The latest batch of patches (that fixed cross-compiling) are due to
Stefan!  Thanks!