World of Warcraft Progress

Tomas Carnecky tom at
Tue Jan 2 08:31:10 CST 2007

darckness wrote:
> First off, the D3D (DX9) runs MUCH better (faster and more smoothly)
> than the OGL mode.  Big kudos to you guys; last time I played, the D3D
> mode was completely unusable because there was no D3D support in wine.
> Very impressive.

The GLX_ARB_vertex_buffer_object is described on the AppDb page for
World of Warcraft and has now been known for quite some time already. If
you apply the hack, you'll see that running in OGL and D3D mode won't
make a difference in the framerate.

I also noticed the modeswitch crash, but I didn't investigate it. I
always edit the file if I need to switch modes (or graphics
settings). But I'll look into if if nobody else will ;)