appdb rating inflation

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 17:59:34 CST 2007

Frank Richter <frank.richter <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 03.01.2007 04:00, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > No manual editing of files, no winecfg settings, no native DLLs, no
> > third-party
> > install scripts, and no cracks are allowed for a Platinum rating.

Well, if you look at the submissions in the appb , we get reports like "What
works: everything i tested" ;"What doesn't: nothing" How on earth can we find
out if this app is silver, gold, platinum or polonium.....

IMHO it's far more important to have a good written HOWTO, than a rating. I'd
say a rating like satisfying/not satisfying would be enough, and an application
shouldn't have rating without a HOWTO.