rpc issues

Matthew Edlefsen matt.edlefsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:46:11 CST 2007

On 1/3/07, Damjan Jovanovic <damjan.jov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/07, Matthew Edlefsen <matt.edlefsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> and
> > I've
> surprising).
> > The
> > connections
> problem
> > was
> > noticed
> NULL
> > for
> > allowed.

> > tells
> > server
> > >
> > > Ah yes - that one!

> around
> > it?
> > >
> > > It does work. After calling RpcMgmtWaitServerListen, just sleep
> > > forever. The RPC function calls come in on a different thread anyway.
> >
> > Ah great, thanks.

> in
> > case
> > >
> > > I was wondering this too, Robert might know.

> gets

> would be
> > >
> > > Good luck.

> > > Damjan
> >
> >   I set my server to sleep right after it starts listening but I still
> can't
> > connect to it for some reason.  You (or anyone else) don't happen to
> have
> > any example code that you know works that I could start with?  Anyways,
> > thanks so much for the help - Matt Edlefsen
>
> I'll try running my test code on the latest wine and send it if it works.
>
> Is the port open?
>
> Damjan

Pretty sure.  The only reason I say that is that when I test it I have to
change to the port every test because if I don't it says the port is in use
(I guess the program isn't closing the port or something).  Honestly I still
don't fully understand how rpc finds the port number, which may be the
problem.  When using RpcServerUseProtseq on Windows, according to msdn,
"the port number is dynamically determined by the RPC run time, depending on
availability and registry settings."  If that's the case how does the client
know what port to connect to?  Since I'm using RpcServerUseProtSeqEp instead
on Linux would that change things?  I'll try specifying  the port in the
client and seeing if that works.

Matt Edlefsen