Feedback on "Wine users guide"

Torsten Hammarstedt, X-Lin AB torsten at x-lin.se
Mon Jan 8 03:27:48 CST 2007

Hi

Perhaps the resason that you didn't receive a lot of feedback on the
Wine Users Guide is that it is very well written. Nevertheless I have
found a few details that might be better explained:

1.2.3 Wine capabilities
Notes
[1]  Today VMware server is free software and you can easily manage a
Windows system on a VMware virtual machine. However this does not solve
the problem with having to maintain/support two differnt operating
systems (quite time consuming...). There is also the commercial software
/2X application server/ and /2X application server client /(2X.com) with
which windows applications can be run on Linux in single windows using
Windows Terminal services. The above 2X software is free up to 5 server
connections, for more you have to pay a license fee. So far it is quite
beta-style but eventually it might be very good... Windows terminal
services is available in Win XP prof, Win 2000 Server and Win 2003
Server (don't know about Vista).

2.2. Getting a Wine package
I think you should mention Ubuntu - thera are packages for Ubuntu
avaialable on  sourceforge.net Wine download page.

That was all for the first 4 chapters - perhaps I'll come back with more
feedback later.

--
B R Torsten Hammarstedt
e-post: torsten at x-lin.se