Is anyone monitoring Transgaming's changes to the LGPL files?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Jan 25 13:31:01 CST 2007

I don't know when it started, but Transgaming has been using LGPL chunks
of Wine for quite some time.

As they're required to, they've released the source for these files,
along with whatever changes they've made.  However, they're not required
to tell us what they did, to send us patches, or to even let us know
they've made a change.

What this means is that it's possible, even likely, that Transgaming has
improved the LGPL parts of Cedega in some important way that would be
useful to Wine as well, without us having even known about it.

The simplest thing to do is for someone to just track the code they
release and diff it against our own stuff, and note if anything new and
interesting (eg an implementation of a function) comes up.  Then send in
a patch if it seems like it could help us too.  But, is anyone doing
this?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie