wine's argv[0] and current directory

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 13:25:58 CDT 2007

On 21.07.2007 18:05, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> First of all there are extensive tests for this in kernel32 process
> test. Which shows exactly opposite from what you stated here - windows
> does support use of unix path.

Unix paths or unix-style paths? If a program is started as
/home/user/myapp and would see the directory /home/user in argv[0] I'd
guess it would interpret that as "C:\home\user", while seeing something
like "Z:\home\user" or "Z:/home/user" would perhaps me more correct.
That said, perhaps an absolute unix path in argv[0] should be converted
to a "Windows" path.

-f.r.