Support for iFilter API

Stefan Brüns stefan.bruens at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jun 3 10:38:34 CDT 2007

Hi,

recently i had a look at the iFilter API. iFilter is an interface to
extract text, formatting and various attributes from text like documents
(pdf, rtf, html, ...). The actual extraction is done by a format specific
plugin which gets registered to the Registry.

I started my tests by taking the headers from Visual Studio, and most
tests went quite fine, so I have a winelib application which is able to
extract text from some proprietary documents.

Next, I would like to get rid of the requirement for the headers taken
from VS, so my actual question is:

How to implement these headers so they can be incorporated into the wine
source?

As it is just an interface, there are no dlls which have to be
implemented.

Bye,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/