OpenGL 2.3 to 3.0

Phil Costin philcostin at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:37:55 CDT 2007

Hi guys,

I also read this short article recently. I agree with Stefan that we should
wait until the API is finalized. I'm pretty sure that the 3.0 specification
will be backwards compatible with 2.x in much the same way as 2.0 is
backwards compatible with 1.1

By waiting a few weeks/months until we know for sure what the new extensions
comprise (rather than diving in now with the NVidia specific ones), we'll
be able to use the portable ones from the start.

Regards,
Phil