Could somebody run the wininet/ftp tests on Wine?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:12:13 CDT 2007

Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> On Do, 2007-06-07 at 08:53 +0200, Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some time ago I added some ftp-tests. After I've seen a lot of wininet patches I
>> just tried (current GIT) to run the ftp tests again on Wine.
>>
>> This time I get some failure (or actually successes):
>>
>> [paul at LatitudeC600 tests]$ make ftp.ok
>> ftp: 128 tests executed (14 marked as todo, 5 failures), 0 skipped.
>

> Wine from newest git:
> wine-0.9.38-g622f62d
>
> /dlls/wininet/tests$ wine wininet_crosstest.exe  ftp
> ftp: 143 tests executed (23 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.

OK, So I need a second look at my setup. I do run Fedora 7 (fresh install) now
since a few days.

> The test needs to much time here:
>
> time make ftp.ok
> real    4m15.274s

Back in March I already wrote to the list:

"Does anybody have an idea why the tests are so incredibly slow on Wine compared
to any Windows version (minutes compared to seconds)?"

:-)

The main reason I think is in the 23 todo_wine's in those tests. The test is so
slow because of the many timeouts I guess.

Cheers,

Paul.