Building Wine with the lsb sdk, take 2

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at
Mon Jun 18 04:35:27 CDT 2007

On 6/17/07, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> At the Linux Summit, a bunch of us decided it'd be a good
> idea to try out lsbcc on more real-world packages, so I tried wine
> again tonight.  My previous try was described here:

> This time I used Feisty Fawn's lsb build env packages:
> sudo apt-get install lsb-build-cc3
> This installed lsbcc (well, lsbcc3, anyway; looks like that's a debianism
> that isn't mentioned in the official lsb doc).
> And instead of making configure aware of lsbcc3, I created the file
> ~/bin/gcc containing
> #!/bin/sh
> exec lsbcc3 "$@"
> (Yes, the first line is needed, make fails without it.)
> and did chmod +x ~/bin/gcc and added ~/bin early in my PATH.
> Then I did configure etc.
> Finally, I still had to use a few of the same magic incantations
> explained in my last message on the subject when building:
> make LDFLAGS=-ldl  CFLAGS="-g -O2 \"-DRTLD_DEFAULT=((void *)0)\" -DMAP_FILE=0"
> The first real problem I ran into was that
> freetype wasn't found.  This turned out to be
> and I just ignored it for now.

Freetype isn't part of the LSB is it? It should be linked statically.

> The second real problem I ran into was
> /home/dank/wine-git/server/ptrace.c:103: undefined reference to `ptrace'
> Last mention I've seen of ptrace in lsb was
> and I guess it never made it in.
> I've filed this as

A quick fix could be getting ptrace, as well as any other functions
that are missing, using dlload/dlsym of libc.

What's the long term plan for an LSB build of wine? Would we drop the
dozen or so different distro packages and have 1 official binary, like
samba is supposedly planning to do?