NULL ptr dereferences found with Calysto static checker

Domagoj Babic babic.domagoj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:29:19 CDT 2007

Hi,

On 6/20/07, Jan Zerebecki <jan.wine at zerebecki.de> wrote:
> The web page is a bit sparse, so does calysto offer anything
> special e.g. anything that distinguishes it from coverity?

Yes, it's a different technology - no pattern matching at all.

> Is it free software?

Probably it will be free for non-commercial use. Projects that join
Calysto community will get free checking.

Source won't be released because there's plenty of unpublished
research in there.

> That page says "to provide me with prompt and precise feedback on
> the bug reports". We still have 284 errors with status
> uninspected on coverity and there are also more from smatch. I
> don't think we can guarantee "prompt" and I'm not sure if Dan
> Kegel wanted to imply that he would inspect each of your bug
> reports himself.

The false positve rates are very low. In the first iteration, I'll
postprocess all the reports, later you will be getting the reports
directly.

Regards,

--
        Domagoj Babic