VST wrapper

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jun 25 08:01:35 CDT 2007

Hi N8,
> [How can I write a shared library that uses Wine and
>  can be called from a non-winelib app?]

This is a somewhat frequently asked question.  As Stephan
explained, wine's code requires that the process have
been set up somewhat specially.   This is taken care of
by the sources in the loader subdirectory.  In a perfect
world, some of that code would move into the
operating system's process loader... then one could mix and match
win32 and unix calls more easily.  Anyway, knowing about
the code in that directory is key to understanding
why what you ask is hard, and in finding a workaround.
- Dan