VST wrapper

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Mon Jun 25 14:14:31 CDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 6:01 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Hi N8,
>> [How can I write a shared library that uses Wine and
>>  can be called from a non-winelib app?]
>
> This is a somewhat frequently asked question.

I did try to find the answer in the documentation before posting here
but couldn't find anything.

> As Stephan
> explained, wine's code requires that the process have
> been set up somewhat specially.   This is taken care of
> by the sources in the loader subdirectory.  In a perfect
> world, some of that code would move into the
> operating system's process loader... then one could mix and match
> win32 and unix calls more easily.  Anyway, knowing about
> the code in that directory is key to understanding
> why what you ask is hard, and in finding a workaround.

Ok, I guess it's not simple, which is what I wanted to know.  I don't
have time to become an expert in loading/linking windows programs, so
I suppose I can live with an IPC-based solution.

Thanks for the help, and thanks to Stefan and Tom as well.
-n8