user32,wined3d: move refresh rate fallback to catch all cases

Erik Inge Bolsø knan-wine at anduin.net
Tue Jun 26 19:29:46 CDT 2007

On 25/06/07, H. Verbeet wrote:
>On 24/06/07, Erik Inge Bolsø <knan-wine at anduin.net> wrote:
>> ---
>>  dlls/user32/sysparams.c |   13 ++++++++++++-
>>  dlls/wined3d/device.c   |   10 +---------
>>
>What was the reason for writing this?

See the comments on
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5618

... essentially, I have a game that's hardcoded to request 1024x768x50hz,
which is not available on my monitor, and the existing fallback to
any available refresh rate in wined3d didn't catch it. Haven't traced the
exact sequence of calls - but figured that since there was an existing
refresh rate fallback coded, I'd move that a step instead of duplicating.

I can try to trace it down and duplicate the fallback, if that would be a
preferable solution.

--
Erik