Direct3D Game test framework

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jun 27 12:19:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> > cxtest has already impressive infratructure (installation, creation of
> > clean environment) and nice scripting. However, it requires Metacity WM
> > and VNC.
> The Metacity WM doesn't really concern me, the VNC thing however does. This
> makes game testing harder since VNC isn't a part of the average game setup.
> We don't have to transfer all the rendering screenshots over VNC though. I am
> CCing Martin Pilka on this, maybe he can give us some more insight.

cxtest's run.sh script has a --no-vnc option. I know I have once run a
test outside of VNC so VNC is not a hard requirement. cxtest will
probably complain about it though, and you might lose some functionality
like automatic screenshots on failures. The best would be to try it out.

                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.