AppDB performance issue

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 19:49:54 CST 2007

Nick Law wrote:
> I still find appdb really slow 60 seconds to view some pages, post on
> the forums etc.... It's driving me nuts to the point I've gone back to
> real life for a while as it's less frustrating. BTW this problems exists
> on systems separated by over 100 miles (but same login account) so it
> not hardware at my end.
>
> I'll check back now and again to see if it's fixed.
>
> Apart from that, keep up the good work devs, wine's functionality is
> improving all the time but appdb needs fixing.
>
> Cheers
> Nick

I only seem to have this problem when I am logged in. When I am not logged in it
seems that there is no lag at all. I tried to do some administration and just
logging in took 2 minutes. I was able to confirm a bunch of bug links and things
were fine for most of them but about every 10th bug link I confirmed it would
just seem to hang for a minute or two. I then tried to confirm some application
submissions and every time it took at least 3 minutes to process.

When I am logged in I frequently will get lags of a minute or two just viewing
apps. This does not happen all the time and I have not found any reason why it
should slow down at all. Visiting the same page at the same time with a not
logged in account shows no slow down.

--

Tony Lambregts