Link creation not working _properly_ under 2.6 kernel?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:04:43 CDT 2007

On 3/15/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I just got Slackware 11, and have a couple issues with link
> creation.  I cant say that this worked with 10.2 either though, as I
> havent had a Linux machine in about a year, since the motherboard died on my
> last one..
>
> The first issue is that regardless of which kernel I use, the Desktop link
> doesn't have the WinRAR icon, just the default blank paper KDE icon, and the
> menu entries have no icons at all.
>
> Second, with 2.4 the icon is created and put on my desktop, but with 2.6it is created and put where I have Drive C pointed to in winecfg.
>
> Third, with 2.4 the menu entries are put in the menu under the wine
> folder, but with 2.6 they are put under the installdir of the app.
>
> I am using 0.9.32, as I cannot download the git version due to the
> corporate firewall, and transparent web proxy..
>
> If needed I can create a bug for this issue, and as soon as I get a free
> minute I will reinstall and get the debug messages.

Update: seems that the relocation of the icon to the desktop is working, I
just needed to use winecfg to point to the location of the Desktop, however
after removing WinRAR, and the WinRAR shortcut directory from the root of
the "C Drive" and reinstalling, the menu entries folder is still located in
/d/Program\ Files/WinRAR

Tom