WinRAR installer icon creation, and the Start Menu folder

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:22:38 CDT 2007

Yet another topic about the start menu, I know.  This one is just a
curiosity really.

Why, if we create folders like Desktop and My Documents, under the
fake windows directory, do we not create a Start Menu folder?

I ask because WinRAR's installer looks for the Start Menu folder in
various locations, but does not create it.  If it doesn't find it,
then it falls back to placing the WinRAR folder that should go under
Start Menu\Programs into the Program Files\WinRAR folder, same for the
WinRAR icon that should go under the main Start Menu folder.  This
causes the icons to not get created under the xorg menu, even during
wineboot.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email