SoC idea: Get Mono working well enough to run Digital Writing Software (was: ... simple apps)

Jim White jim at
Sat Mar 24 12:32:51 CDT 2007

Dan Kegel wrote:
> There are lots of little bits, some pretty basic, which Wine is missing
> before it can support mixed assemblies in Mono.  For instance,
> says that we're missing an implementation of
> mscoree.dll.CorBindToRuntimeEx.
> This would probably be a fine area for an SoC project.

I doubt it qualifies as a simple app (as it includes multiple pieces),
but the dotnet 1.1 dependent app I want to run is the download and
handwriting recognizing software for the Logitech io2 Digital Pen.,CRID=1808,contentid=13127

If there is someone who wants to tackle it, I'll buy them the starter kit.,CRID=1553,CONTENTID=11530